My vote... Monterey Bay!
I recently visited Monterey Bay for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago and I have to say it would be the perfect getaway weekend that's not too far and just far enough from home. Biggest suggestion for the route up there is the drive up Pacific Coast Highway to enjoy the incredible beautiful scenery. Good thing I have an amazing imagination because our drive up was a little bit foggy unfortunately!
Nevertheless, that didn't stop us from pulling over in Big Sur to enjoy the scary and exciting cliff views.
List of things I loved on the way to Monterey I thought worth checking out:
- Madonna Inn (super cool hotel with interesting themed rooms)
- Hearst Castle (this tour takes time so be sure to make time for it)
- Drive through 17 mile Dr of Pebble Beach ($10 fee)
- Cannery Row
- Sardine Restaurant (super cool themed sections of the restaurant)
- Scuba diving of course! Most BEAUTIFUL diving on the west coast so far!
- Monterey Bay Aquarium (love!)
I'm sure there were so much more we'd say we'd come back for! Hope you all enjoy a happy and safe Labor Day Weekend! :)